Exchanging Fear for Love
They are opposites.
Fear is a powerful thing. It overstuffs us with anxiety and nervous energy then leaves us bound without any true nourishment. When we allow fear to fill our hearts and minds we end up malnourished, underdeveloped and weak, both internally and externally.
What are your fears?
- As a parent, I fear for my children disease, bad decisions, the future, poor friend choices, not being accepted, not realizing their fullness in God.
- As a wife, I fear the future, infidelity, finances.
- As a citizen, I fear for my safety and that of our cities, I fear terrorism, I fear hatred and discord.
- As a woman, I fear change, friendlessness, the unknown, being alone and feeling like I have failed in relationships and in my calling.
“DO NOT BE AFRAID of sudden terror; nor of the trouble from the wicked when it comes; FOR THE LORD WILL BE YOUR CONFIDENCE, and will keep your foot from being caught.” Proverbs 3:26
I have seen a disturbing theme that emerges from my heart- one that I have been purposing in my heart to change. While I wholeheartedly believe not only that God is good, all powerful and that He will accomplish the renewal and redemption of all things, I also believe that He deeply loves and delights in me personally. So, why am I afraid of what is to come? My heart needs realignment with TRUTH; with LOVE. Today, I will put my heart in the hands of God who is worthy of my trust and who cares for me deeply.
“Do not fear; let not your hands be weak. The LORD your God in your midst, the Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness; He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.” Zephaniah 3:16b-17
If only I could see things from His perspective, maybe I wouldn’t fear so much. – Yes, that’s it. – Seeing from His perspective; seeing, knowing, trusting, living from the reality His heavenly view.
Lord, give me your eyes to see this world and its terrors, both globally and in my own life, from a heavenly perspective. Give me grace to speak, live and bring the heart of heaven to the earth with all that I am. I will choose to trust today; I will put my confidence in God, who is mighty to save and who is in my midst.
WE CANNOT HAVE BOTH- THERE IS A CHOICE TO BE MADE
Two power-filled, four-letter words: LOVE – FEAR. They are opposites, and by nature require you to choose one. Danny Silk, a pastor from Bethel Church in Redding, California says that the more you get of one, the less you have of the other. If you have more fear, the less room you have for love. The opposite is also true. I want more love, less fear. I choose love over fear.
“There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.” 1 John 4:18
God’s love casts out all fear. His love blows my mind, captivates my heart and gives my feet a solid and spacious place to stand when everything around me seems unstable and insecure.
Today my prayer for me, my prayer for you, my prayer for our world is that we exchange anxiety and control for peace and rest. Exchange fear for love. This exchange is not always quick and easy…it is a daily, moment by moment exchange of perspective, exchange of confidence- from fear to Love. It is a conscious shift of habits and beliefs. It involves learning to rest, trusting God’s character and promises to be above what we see with our eyes or feel in a moment of panic. It is about relying on His love to be strong enough to hold us, sustain us and to make all things right.
So, how will I choose love today?
- As a parent, I rest in God’s love for my children, and declare that my kids are solidly held in the palm of their Maker’s hand. He is mighty to save and will not allow their feet to be caught.
- As a wife, I say that there is no fear in love. I trust our marriage covenant of love and faithfulness to be stronger than my fears, and I believe God will be enough for us as a couple and for me as a wife, no matter what obstacles we face in the future.
- As a citizen of this country, I live moment by moment under the reality that God is my supreme King, and He is my greatest protector; He is able to shift the destiny of nations and the hearts of world leaders and enemies alike.
- As a woman, I declare that God is my confidence. I walk in peace, knowing He rejoices over me, my beauty is rare and my life is destined by God to bring heaven’s goodness and transformation to the earth.
How will you make the shift from fear to love today?
God bless you as you walk in love today. God bless all the nations of the earth.
~Wrapped In His Affection~