Sex on the Brain ~ Having the Mind of Christ (Day 2: Valentine’s Month)
I am finding that my thoughts about sex determine my experience of sex.
If I’m honest, all to often thoughts that go through my mind about sex sound like this:
– I’m not in the mood.
– I feel unattractive and unsexy.
– I’m too tired.
– I don’t compare to the covers of magazines.
– He might not be satisfied with me.
– I’m not good at this, I feel awkward.
But this month, since I am aiming to take my wife game to the next level, I am intentionally choosing to dwell on higher thoughts.
I believe renewing my mind with thoughts like these will re-orient my expectation and experience of intimacy with my husband:
– Sex is a blessing from God, and he designed it to be amazing.
– Pleasure is his idea and it is a gift.
– The effort it takes to be available will always be worth the reward of intimacy with my husband.
– My body is a gift that is holy, pure and beautiful.
– I will be a generous wife with my body.
– I will take every opportunity to build emotional and physical closeness whenever I have the chance.
For me, this month having the mind of Christ will mean having great sex on the brain.