The God Experience Week 3 (Going Deeper in God’s Word)
(If you’re new today, welcome!! Subscribe to my blog and I’ll send you a FREE copy of my new e-book, The God Experience: A 10 Week Guide to Feed Your Busy Soul and you can join right in! See this post for further details on our summer study.)
We are in WEEK 3 of The God Experience. Today we’re talking about savoring the word of God- what that means and how to do it.
In today’s video I cover…
- what it means to really savor something
- the difference between taste-testing and digesting
- how I know when I’m digesting God’s word
- how savoring God’s word changes my prayer life
- how going deep in God’s word impacts everyday conversations in my home
So let’s get to it. Here’s today’s video:
Hear me on this, friends: The point is NOT to memorize a bunch of scriptures to gain a few notches in our bible-study belt or to accomplish a noble religious duty.
The point of savoring scripture is that it fosters a heart-knowledge of God. (click to tweet)
The word of God gets right to the heart of the matter and infuses us with God’s light and wisdom. When we savor God’s word, it gives us strength to stand fast in our faith and becomes a sturdy, spacious rock where we can stand. Savoring God’s word gives us the nourishment we need to live as healthy, growing believers who shine with hope and Holy Spirit power in our world.
1. What do you love about savoring the word of God?
2. Which verse/verses are you currently chewing on and digesting?
3. HOW do you memorize/focus on scripture? What practical methods work best for you?
:::“Man does not live on bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.” Matthew 4:4 “For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.” Hebrews 4:12 “The Spirit gives life. The flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you – they are full of the Spirit and life.” John 6:63
And here is the song for the week…
Invite your friends to join us! Share on this post on Facebook or tweet this link:
Join me in The God Experience and learn how to grow from taste-testing to digesting God’s word. – Click to Tweet