The God Experience, Week 5 (Experiencing God Through Your Holy Imagination)
We are half-way through the God Experience, Summer Edition!! I can hardly believe it! (If you’re new today, welcome!! Subscribe to my blog and I’ll send you a FREE copy of my new e-book, The God Experience: A 10 Week Guide to Feed Your Busy Soul and you can join right in! See this post for further details on our summer study.)
I’ve had such a rich time…and have felt like I’m getting to know you in such a sweet way! So I just wanted to check in on a personal level.
What are you up to this week? This week, I’m in the middle of VBS, swim lessons, and so far we’ve had two out of four well-check ups at the dr. Also- I started potty-training my 2-year-old this week. Correction – she took off wear her diaper and said “I’m done with this”. And so the job I’ve been delaying has begun. Prayers are appreciated! lol.
I’ve survived this far, so I’m here in between the craziness of life stopping in for a moment to touch base with you….
In today’s video, I chat about…
1. what my family is up to this week
2. how our faith is not simply about rules or rituals but relationship
2. the reality that God wants to engage us and speak to us through our holy imaginations
3. a specific time when I experienced God and received an life-impacting word from Him
4. how our experiences with God should always line up with scripture
4. why “seeing” or listening for God benefits us not just in the moment, but for years to come
5. a specific word of encouragement that God spoke to me for YOU
1. So I wanted to ask you, what are you up to this week? Anything fun and exciting?!
2. Were you able to try this exercise of imagining Jesus with you?
3. Is this idea of engaging your imagination in your prayer life new for you? How did it feel to pray “with” Jesus for someone else?
4. Which day’s activities were most meaningful for you this week?
5. What/how did God speak to you this week (or another time) when you’ve asked to “see”?
Here’s our song for the week, “Captivate Us” by Watermark. Hope you enjoy! I sure do love you!